Job Title: Community Support
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a bright, energetic, enthusiastic and pro-active individual to help build, communicate with and manage communities of players around the games that the studio produces. This is a unique chance to play a pivotal role in connecting one of the UK’s leading independent media companies directly with their growing worldwide audience of consumers.
Qualifications & Experience:
Degree-level education with a qualification in business/marketing would be preferred. Must have a methodical and systematic approach plus a passion for videogames, comics, movies, TV and all entertainment media. Videogames industry experience is not essential but you must have experience running / moderating forums plus in-depth knowledge of all social media channels. Ideally you will have experience in a customer support role.
- Work closely with the game development teams to build, manage and report on all Rebellion-owned properties and public social media which may include studio and individual games blogs, forums, facebook pages and accounts on twitter, G+, YouTube, flickr, pinterest, instagram, viddy, etc
- Build the following of the studio and individual game properties
- Develop strategies to increase following / retention
- Join in dozens of interesting conversations every day
- Get your hands dirty contributing to the company marketing effort
- Be the voice of the player community within the studio
- Strong written ability
- Technical web ability
- Ability to grasp and communicate technical information
- Up to date knowledge of all relevant social media
- Ability to write engaging blog/twitter content
- A genuine interest in playing videogames
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!