Job Title: ActionScript Developer
Rebellion Oxford are now looking for an excellent ActionScript 3 programmer to join our growing web technology game team, based at the headquarters of our main console development studio. We need someone to help develop and improve our Flash browser-based games, writing clean, stable and well-abstracted reusable object-oriented code.
Please send examples of your commercial or non-commercial products - for example a personal portfolio - that you have developed in AS3 along with a code sample.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are ideally looking for 1-5 years’ experience working in Flash and AS development. A strong academic background is also preferred, with a degree in computer science, mathematics, science or similar. Games industry experience is not essential but any commercial or hobby experience in building browser-based games would definitely be a bonus.
- Develop and implement new game features and APIs based on design specifications provided
- Review coding to ensure it is error free, debugging, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability
- Catalogue and save your work in an organized manner for efficient use by others
- Stay up-to-date with changing technologies, quickly learning and implementing new skills to benefit Rebellion
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working alongside artists, designers and other coders
- Work well under pressure, multi-tasking to meet various production objectives and deadlines in a fast-paced development environment, sometimes for multiple projects
- Excellent Flash, ActionScript 3.0 and Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented techniques and writing modular object-oriented AS3 code with strong architectural and debugging skills
- Experience using 3D in Flash, for example APIs (eg Molehill, Stage3D, etc) and/or graphics engines (eg Away3D, Flare3D, etc)
- Ability to develop applications with strong knowledge of optimization for performance / memory, Flash client to server communication and compatibility across browsers and platforms
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Familiarity with Flash Develop or similar open source software
- Understanding of the full life cycle software development process and ability to follow technical designs and specifications
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Working knowledge of any of the following would also be a bonus: other OOP programming languages (eg JAVA, C, C++, Objective C, etc); integrating animations, videos and/or audio; use of source code and asset control systems (eg Perforce, etc)
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!